Mental Health Inteventions Tier ListPublished: wellness
In December of 2019, I was feeling the intense pressure of working two jobs full-time while also completing my Bachelor's degree in Cognitive Science: Computation and Cognition and my Master's degree in Computer and Information Technology. I was pulling about 90 hours per week, and had been for about 2.5 years.
My doctor and I decided to try adding an anti-anxiety medication to my routine. Unfortunately, this ended up causing a permanent neurological condition called oromandibular dystonia, and I had to stop taking all medications. So I went from needing extra help to losing the help I was already getting.
Enter March 2020, which you may remember as the very good month where nothing bad happened at all.
So I needed to find some new ways to try and help my brain out. The following is a near-exhaustive list of the mental health interventions I have tried, ranked by tier.
- No Alcohol
- Exercise - Weightlifting
- Move from the USA to The Netherlands
- Airpod Pro Noise Cancelling Earbuds
- Reduce Labor Committment from 90hrs/wk to 40hrs/wk
- Increase Sex Life
- Leave Twitter
- No Caffeine
- Sleep 8+ Hours per Night
- Exercise - Walking, Biking
- Healthy Diet
- 6 Month Vacation
- Daily Water Intake >= 2.5L
- Self-Educate via Peer Reviewed Medical Literature
- Therapy - HealthyGamer ADHD Module
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Reduce Violent Media Consumption
- Daily Multivitamin
- Daily Stretching
- Strengthening Personal Relationships
- Therapy - CBT
- Therapy - Parts Work